About Finance Earth
We are a mission-driven investment advisor and fund manager, working in partnership with world leading environmental organisations, such as RSPB, WWF and the National Trust, to protect and restore nature utilising market-based mechanisms, implementing bespoke financial tools and creating high impact investments.
We are a pioneering employee-owned social enterprise and are now the UK’s leading environmental impact investment advisor and fund manager, with a rapidly growing international mandate, providing strategic consultancy and corporate finance advice.
We work across a wide variety of the conservation, natural and built asset sectors on projects specifically structured to deliver significant impact for the environment, local communities whilst delivering fair returns for investors. Our team of experienced professionals all excel in their given fields and innovate to meet changing trends in government policy, sources of finance and market opportunities.
We are looking to recruit a Team Assistant to support our growing environmental impact investment advisory and fund management team.
The Team Assistant will be a full time role based in our office in Vauxhall, London, with a minimum of 3 days per week required to be office based, and will provide vital support for our team of dedicated and mission-led people to ensure the efficient delivery of our work, which will include:
- Diary Management: supporting the directors and the wider team
- Office coordination: greeting guests, arranging post and couriers, phone management, monitoring supplies
- Team meeting coordination: scheduling, document preparation, logistics
- Facilitating travel arrangements: flights, trains, hotels, restaurants and taxis
- Property management: Liaising with the cleaning team and building management
- IT support: equipment stock management, equipment troubleshooting
- Coordination of expenses processing
- Event planning and coordination: bi-annual team days, regular socials
- Management of internal systems: Wiki, Hubspot, Comply portal.
And may include:
- Marketing and communications: website and social media content creation, award tracking and submission
- Business development: tracking of bid opportunities, support on bid preparation
- HR Support: processing payroll, coordinating team training and development, document preparation
- Finance Support: preparing invoices, expense management
- Compliance support: contract reviews, compliance portal administration
Personal attributes that we are looking for include:
- Enthusiastic, self-starter and strong team player
- A willingness to present ideas to peers and senior colleagues
- Excellent communication and relationship building capabilities, and an adaptable style
- Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks and deadlines
- A highly committed individual looking to take ownership of projects and to create meaningful value for the long-term
- We are a small team who work hard and have fun, so you’ll need energy, enthusiasm and be able to work well independently where required
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in an administrative or support role within a professional, fast-paced and dynamic business environment
- Experience in diary management
- Experience handling multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience in providing support to clients and stakeholders
- Enthusiastic self-starter and strong team player
- A willingness to present ideas to peers and senior colleagues
- Excellent communication and relationship building capabilities
- Inquisitive and analytical approach to problem solving
- Highly committed with the ability to take ownership of projects and to create meaningful value for the long-term
- Energetic with the ability to work independently where required
- Strong IT skills, proficient in the full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior experience of working within a Marketing, Legal, HR, Finance, IT, and Risk and Compliance department
- Proficient writing capability and presentation skills
- Event management experience e.g. venue sourcing, catering, logistics
- Experience working with the environmental sector and/or charities and social enterprises
- Experience in office coordination, project management, client delivery, research
- Marketing skills e.g. social media management, website content creation
- Finance skills e.g. expense management, invoice processing, accounting
- HR Skills e.g. on and off-boarding, drafting contracts, HR systems administration.
Our people are our business; we work hard to ensure that they have fulfilling careers and a good work/ life balance. We encourage training to make sure our staff are equipped to do their jobs to the best of their abilities and offer flexible working and generous holidays so that staff can both meet client expectations and personal goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Finance Earth can provide a superior experience for building and maintaining a professional career in finance – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow whilst delivering work that is highly impactful and beneficial for our planet. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Opportunity to earn up to £32,625 – £35,500
- Base salary of £27,500 to £30,000 per annum based on experience
- Up to 15% of Salary Discretionary Bonus and Christmas Bonus of up to £1,000
- Opportunity to become a shareholder after 12 months with a potential dividend allowance
- 25 days holiday plus 2-3 days free at Christmas (plus English bank holidays)
- Potential for hybrid or flexible working
- Generous training budgets with learning and continuous improvement as a critical element of the way we work
- Private medical insurance, Group life insurance and 3% Pension contribution
- Monthly team socials.
How to Apply
If you think that you are the right person for this important role in our business, please apply by sending:
- A comprehensive CV
- A cover letter that includes as a minimum:
- A summary of the relevant experience you will be bringing to this role; and
- Your interest in working at Finance Earth.
Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted through this platform or directly to Ami at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 a.m. on Monday 27th November 2023.
Finance Earth is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the disciplines in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.