About Finance Earth
Finance Earth is a mission-driven investment advisor and fund manager, working in partnership with world-leading environmental organisations, such as RSPB, WWF and the National Trust, to protect and restore nature utilising market-based mechanisms, implementing bespoke financial tools and creating high-impact investments.
We are a pioneering employee-owned social enterprise and are now the UK’s leading environmental impact investment advisor and fund manager, with a rapidly growing international mandate, providing strategic consultancy and corporate finance advice to many of the most impactful environmental organisations in the UK and across the globe. We manage or co-manage £450m of investment funds with ambitions to have over £1 billion under management in the next 5 years.
We work across a wide variety of the conservation, natural and built asset sectors on projects specifically structured to deliver significant impact for the environment and local communities whilst delivering fair returns for investors. Our team of experienced professionals all excel in their given fields and innovate to meet changing trends in government policy, sources of finance and market opportunities.
Examples of our work can be found here.
Finance Earth are looking to recruit a Personal Assistant to help support the management team and our growing environmental impact investment advisory and transaction business.
Finance Earth is looking for someone who can provide 40 hours work per week, based in our London (Vauxhall) office.
We are also investors in our people, offering the opportunity for both technical and soft skills development, and unique experiences to grow both professionally and personally.
- Supporting the senior management team, which currently includes three Managing Directors and three Directors
- Gatekeeper and first point of contact for the senior management team
- Diary management and scheduling of meetings and appointments
- Coordinating and scheduling of Board meetings
- Minute taking at Board meetings and other Dir/MD led meetings as needed
- Handling confidential matters with discretion
- Occasional assistance with preparing correspondence, materials, and presentations as required
- Phone management, taking clear and detailed messages
- Facilitating travel arrangements including flights, trains, hotels, restaurants and taxis
- Coordination of Directors’ expenses
- Supporting the wider Finance Earth team in organising meetings and coordinating events
- Providing support to external visitors
- Overseeing the incoming and outgoing post and courier deliveries
Skills and experience
You will have three or more years’ experience working as a Personal Assistant (or similar role) within a dynamic business environment, handling multiple tasks and deadlines. Personal attributes, competencies and essential experience that we are looking for include:
- Enthusiastic, self-starter and strong team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and people management skills
- Strong command of the English language
- Ability to prioritise and multitask efficiently
- Strong communication skills
- Discretion and tact
- Experience of diary management and expense management
- Excellent communication and relationship building capabilities
- Experience in providing support to clients and stakeholders
- Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
Additional desirable skills and experience (one or more of):
- Event management (e.g. strategy days, team away days)
- Office management (e.g. service provider coordination, stationery and supplies management)
- Marketing support (e.g. social media management, website content creation)
- Finance support (e.g. expense management, invoice processing)
Our people are our business; we work hard to ensure that they have fulfilling careers and a good work-life balance. We encourage training to make sure our staff are equipped to do their jobs to the best of their abilities and offer flexible working and generous holidays so that staff can both meet client expectations and personal goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Finance Earth can provide a superior experience for building and maintaining a professional career in finance – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow whilst delivering work that is highly impactful and beneficial for our planet. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Opportunity to earn £30,000 – £40,000 (dependent upon experience)
- Base salary of between £27,500 and £35,000 per annum depending on experience
- Up to 10% of salary discretionary bonus, and Christmas bonus of up to £1,000
- 25 days holiday plus 2-3 days free at Christmas (plus English bank holidays)
- Generous training budgets with learning and continuous development as a critical element of the way we work; we will support you with individual development.
How to Apply
If you think that you are the right person for this important role in our business, please apply by sending:
• A comprehensive CV
• A cover letter that includes as a minimum a summary of the relevant experience you will be bringing to this role
Applications that do not include a cover letter will be immediately discounted.
Applications should be submitted directly to email@example.com
Finance Earth is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the disciplines in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.