Does the idea of creating investments which protect and restore nature excite you? We are looking for an Associate to join our leading environmental investment and fund management team to develop innovative solutions to society’s and the environment’s most critical issues. Our team works with leading environmental organisations internationally to create investment structures that deliver benefits for nature, communities and investors.
About Finance Earth (formerly Environmental Finance)
Finance Earth is the UK’s leading environmental impact investment advisor and fund manager. We work with leading environmental organisations to design and implement innovative financing solutions for the natural and built environment. Our team has structured over £500 million of funds for environmental and social benefit, and we manage more than £50 million of our own impact investment funds. We are a mission driven, employee-owned social enterprise that plays a prominent role in the green finance market in the UK and globally.
We have grown rapidly since our establishment in 2016. We are highly regarded in our market, with an industry leading reputation for delivery, independent advice, strategic and innovative thinking and an envied track record in developing and funding environmental impact projects and investment funds.
Finance Earth are looking to recruit an Associate to help our growing environmental impact investment advisory and transaction teams. The role offers the chance to work with market leading clients on the cutting edge of the emerging conservation investment market in the UK and internationally, and to become a recognised expert in the field. We are also investors in our people, offering the opportunity for both technical and soft skills development, and unique experiences to grow both professionally and personally.
The Associate will be expected to contribute to and lead on a range of projects, this may include:
- Supporting the development of a range of natural capital investment projects and opportunities, covering:
- Review and assessment of natural capital revenue and investment model opportunities.
- Preparing business plans and financial models.
- Preparing investor pitchbooks.
- Developing impact measurement and reporting strategies.
- Carrying out industry research on environmental markets.
- Contributing to our mission by:
- Identifying and pitching for new opportunities
- Creating publications to highlight key sectors / investment themes.
- Attending industry events and developing a network of contacts.
- Supporting with recruitment, marketing and other business operations
Skills and experience
You will have three or more years’ experience in one or more of corporate finance, investment banking, accountancy, venture capital, private equity, management consultancy, advisory and/or project management.
It is essential that you can demonstrate experience of and an interest in, the wider environmental and conservation finance sector in your application. We ask that you share your understanding of the role of finance in tackling climate change and biodiversity loss within your covering letter.
Personal attributes that we are looking for include:
- Enthusiastic, self-starter and strong team player
- A willingness to present ideas to peers and senior colleagues
- Excellent communication and relationship building capabilities, and an adaptable style
- Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks and deadlines
- A highly committed individual looking to take ownership of projects and to create meaningful value for the long-term
- We are a small team who work hard and have fun, so you’ll need energy, enthusiasm and be able to work well independently where required
Specific skills, competencies and experience that we are looking for include:
- Business planning, analysis and commercial development
- Financial modelling and sensitivity analysis
- Structuring and executing financial transactions.
- An understanding of the business advisory and capital raising arena,
- Experience working with the environmental sector and/or charities and social enterprises
- Well-developed analytical skills including the ability to assimilate complex information, identify and prioritise key issues
- Strong skills across project management and client relationship management, research and presentation, structured problem solving, business coaching and mentoring
- Proficient writing capability and presentation skills
- Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office.
We do not expect candidates to possess all of these skills and competencies; importantly, what we are looking for is someone who can creatively show how their skills and experience could be adapted to fit this profile, if/where there are gaps. Technical financial experience will be required.
Our people are our business; we work hard to ensure that they have fulfilling careers and a good work-life balance. We encourage training to make sure our staff are equipped to do their jobs to the best of their abilities and offer flexible working and generous holidays so that staff can both meet client expectations and personal goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Finance Earth can provide a superior experience for building and maintaining a professional career in finance – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow whilst delivering work that is highly impactful and beneficial for our planet. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Opportunity to earn £50,000+
- Base salary of £35,000-40,000 per annum
- Up to 30% of salary discretionary bonus and Christmas bonus of up to £1,000
- 25 days holiday plus 2-3 days free at Christmas (plus English bank holidays)
- Potential for remote or flexible working
- Opportunity to become a shareholder after 12 months with a potential dividend allowance
- Generous training budgets with learning and continuous development as a critical element of the way we work; we will support you with individual development, both through external training and coaching from members of the executive team
- Opportunity to progress rapidly
How to Apply
If you think that you are the right person for this important role in our business, please apply by sending:
- A comprehensive CV
- A cover letter that includes as a minimum:
- A summary of the relevant experience you will be bringing to this role; and
- A personal statement on why you believe the work being undertaken by Finance Earth is necessary to tackle climate change and biodiversity loss, highlighting areas of specific interest.
Applications that do not include a cover letter will be immediately discounted.
Finance Earth is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the disciplines in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Applications should be submitted directly to email@example.com